Sunday, May 20, 2007

Sunday in Glasnevin

Speaking of things that haven't been used for years, I was in the Botanic Gardens earlier and saw this sign outside their magnificent glasshouses. I'll be honest - i had to look it up in the dictionary. Now I realise that they're talking about baby prams. But who on earth uses words like perambulator anymore? Clearly they've had the sign for years and just keep taking it outside everyday. As it turns out there were lots of prams in the glasshouses so either nobody read the sign or, like me, they didn't understand it. Still - bless them for keeping it and not just sticking a 'No Buggies' sign in the window like everyone else.

While I was up in the gardens, I saw a woman taking a cat for a walk. It turns out that she works in the gardens and the cat has lived there for 11 years and follows her and her colleagues whenever they do a patrol. If the cat gets a little lost or left behind the rattle some keys and she catches up. Apparently there's a lot of that going on but I'd never seen anything like it.

No comments: