Friday, March 21, 2008

Defences down

So the Defence Forces are calling for a ban on using the current military trucks in the wake of Tueday's crash on the M50. I don't mean to be disrespectful towards our boys but really if we're getting to the stage that they're not prepared to get in the trucks to drive across town, you have to wonder exactly what they are prepared to do. For years the Irish Army has been a bit of a joke and things like this don't really help. Apart from turning an attractive shade of pink over in 'the Leb' and helping out with the bin collections during a binmen's strike about 25 years ago, does anyone really know what the Army does?

Like I say, I don't mean to put anyone down but having read that Osama Bin Laden is turning his attentions to the EU, you have to hope that he doesn't come knocking on our door. I'm not sure we'd put up much of a fight. Saying that I passed a bunch of soldier boys in the countryside last year and while I'm not quite sure what they're doing, I've no doubt that they could take me in a fight. Thank God I'm a pacifist..

No comments: