Sunday, August 26, 2007

State of Play

So - the latest on the Mighty Like a Rose fiasco..

After I received the last copy of the disc, I contacted play (again) and asked them (again) to send me the correct cd. This time though, unlike all the other responses I got from them, I received a reply that was a bit more personal than the usual "Thank you for contacting play etc etc" mail that I had been getting. Not only was it different but it seemed to address the issue.

Here it is:

Thank you for your query regarding this item.

We have had a stock enquiry carried out and can confirm that there was an error in our warehouse resulting in the wrong item being sent out. This issue has now been resolved and we are able to offer you the correct item.

Could you please contact us to let us know what you would like so that we can make the appropriate arrangements.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused to you in this matter and thank you for your time and valued custom.

Kind Regards,
Play


Brilliant. Fantastic. Happy Days. Finally it seemed like the was in sight and I could look forward to hearing the version of 'Deep Dark Truthful Mirrors'from EC's 1991 Unplugged show. I saw it on tv at the time and. to be honest, was really the onlyreason i wanted to buy the cd in the first place. Admittedly I was a bit puzzled by the part that asked me to contact them to let them know what I would like. As if it wasn't perfectly clear what I wanted. Still, undaunted I sent them a mail asking that if it wasn't too much trouble, could they possibly send me the extended reissue of the album and not the same one they'd been sending for the last 6 weeks.

About an hour later I they sent me this:
Unfortunately this item has now sold out. This means that originally it was only available in limited quantities and that unfortunately all copies have now been sold. As it is unlikely that we will be able to offer the item again in the near future we have refunded the amount in full.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Kind Regards,

Play


I mean where do i go from here? I've written to them asking for a better explanation but I won't hold my breath. You shouldn't either..

No comments: