Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Funny that

I went to see Eagle vs. Shark the other day. It's an odd, funny (sort of) little film from New Zealand similiar in style to Napolean Dynamite or You, Me & Everyone we Know. Although nowhere near as good as either of them so don't complain if you don't like it. The best part for me was in the trailer (is it me, or is that happening more and more these days?) when Jarrod tells the guy on the phone that "Justice is waiting for him". Look at the trailer, the clip is near the end - it made me laugh.

I didn't know any of the actors in the film (I'm not really up on my Kiwi culture) and hadn't really given them a second thought since I saw the film last week. This morning, Steve sent me a link from youtube. I didn't get a chance to look at it all day but I saw him briefly this evening and he reminded me to put it up here. Since he's getting married on Friday and I haven't got him a gift yet I thought I'd better do what he said. So I came home and looked at it. Look! It's Jarrod from the film. And he's funny. A lot funnier than the film anyway.



Turns out he's quite famous. In New Zealand anyway. Just goes to show that no matter how many films you see, tv shows you watch, or hours you waste looking at clips online, there's still lots of great things you've never heard of waiting to be discovered. I find that quite exciting really.

Now I'm off to read a book I was given recently. It's called The Da Vinci something or other. Never heard of it. I'll let you know if it's any good.

No comments: