Monday, August 11, 2008

It's nature, innit?


This is a chilli plant made from actual chilli seeds.. Two weeks ago we took a handful of seeds from a chilli we were using for dinner and chucked them in a pot of muck. Nothing happened for about a week until we put it in the gas storage box thing in the living room. The following day we saw little green leaves. So that tells us that it likes heat. It's been a week now and this is what she looks like. Supposedly, you're meant to name plants so this one is called Matilda. I though David was a better name but I was outvoted. Which is to say that my vote didn't count at all.. Probably for the best..

Anyway, my point is, isn't nature amazing? Who knew that chucking a few seeds in a pot would yield all these leaves and might yet yield a load of chillis. Actually everyone knows that, don't they?

Still - expect regular updates. Or none at all, if she dies over the next few days. We'll see..

1 comment:

foodenvy said...

David ?? You never said you wanted to call her David??? lol and Dying, whatever are you talking about... man, you're harsh. I'm away, and you're talking about killing her, and I can't even check she's okay ! lolololol