Sunday, July 15, 2007

Fabradecabra

An article in the Sunday property supplements some time ago revealed that one of the ways to tell if an area is on the up is if there is an influx of confirmed bachelors buying property in the neighbourhood (Confirmed Bachelor meaning you know what, as opposed to me, also a confirmed bachelor). The idea being, I suppose, that if the gay community were bringing the pink euro to an area, then said area must be ripe for re-assessment and an upgrade to the desireable location section of the listings page. Of course this was back when people were buying houses in Dublin. Anyway - it worked for Stonybatter so bring it on.. Used to be you didn't walk down Manor Street alone. Now it's got new restaurants, wine bars and a little shop selling olives, chorizo and paninis! If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me!

Anyway Cabra (where I live), historically a rough and ready working class neighbourhood (ah jaysis but everyone looks out for each other. no, really) has recently seen an influx of these aforementioned confirmed bachelors. So much so, in fact, that one of the papers took to referring to it as Fabra. The only reason I'm saying all this is that last week, I received an early birthday present from a dear friend.


Thanks Lola - I love it! And no, I didn't wear it putting out the bins last week..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!11!!! It's Fabrulous!

Where could I possibly purchase such a quality garment?

John Connolly said...

You can't buy one.

The only way to get one is by offering friendship, support and regular, vigourous frottage.

Anonymous said...

Frottage? French, are we?

The gentrification of Cabra has gone to your head, Juanner!