Thursday, July 26, 2007

Collateral Damage


Well this isn't a very good start, is it? Having revealed my plans to do the Amsterdam marathon in October, I got up on Tuesday morning, went to the park and managed to tear the medial collateral ligament in my right knee. I've been to physio with it a couple of times since and all indications are that it will heal up in the next 7-10 days but by then I'll be two weeks off training and presumably not as fit as I was this week. It's a Grade I tear so it's not too bad at all. Certainly it could have been a lot worse. With Amsterdam just 12 weeks away it's a bit of a worry but I've been assured I'll come back stronger than before. That seems a little hard to believe but I'll wait and see.

Either way, at the moment, all I can do is put my feet up, get lots of rest and wait for it to heal. So, with that in mind, anyone for beer and pizza?!

2 comments:

Steve Doogan said...

Jeez, what a mess! And it ripped all your skin off too!

Anonymous said...

Hello? Hello?