Thursday, July 26, 2007

I know what I saw...


A few months ago one of the radiators in the bedroom upstairs sprung a leak. It was a bit of a mess for a while but there was no major damage done. Seems a bit silly to mention it now with all the reports coming in from the UK about floods and water damage. Anyway, everything dried out in time but the ceiling in the living room was badly stained. Repeated attempts to paint over it have been in vain (or at least they were the last time I tried, which was about 3 months ago) as the stain just keeps reappearing when the paint drys. Anyway I was sitting at home the other night looking at the pattern of the stain and, as is the way with abstract shapes that you look at for too long, I began to see a familiar face in the dirty brown streaks.. No, it wasn't Jesus or Mary. That'd be too obvious. Tell me I'm mad but doesn't this look like Garth Hudson from The Band in about 1976?


What do you mean you don't know what Garth Hudson looked like in 1976?

What do you mean you don't know who Garth Hudson is? Get yourselves a copy of The Last Waltz!

Actually, maybe it's Charlie Manson. Or Jason Patric in that terrible film where he had a beard. Not sure what it was called. Jennifer Jason Leigh was in it.

I really should paint that ceiling..

No comments: