Saturday, September 1, 2007

Happy Ever Afters

My pals Steve and Dara got married yesterday. I don't usually talk direcctly about friends or family on the blog but for them I'll make an exception. It was a marvelous day. The bride was beautiful, the groom was handsome, the best man was suitably nervous and the father of the bride was sentimental, emotional, and had the room in tears by the end of his speech. Nice people, great food, good music and a beautiful location. All quite wonderful really.

You don't get to find people like Dara or Steve very often. They're funny, loving, encouraging, supportive, and whenever I deserve it, occasionally scolding. I've been blessed by all the friends I have but those two sit right at thetop of the tree. I don't know what I'd do without them.

So, congratulations to the very happy couple. They got there in the end and I couldn't be happier for them..

And I hope Steve doesn't mind me stealing their invitation from his site..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sir, I concur.
Dara looked gorgeous, Steve's speech was hilarious and my dancing to Take On Me added a certain je ne sais quoi to the proceedings