Saturday, September 1, 2007

Bob's Mint Julep

I'm not much of a cocktail drinker really. I've got the fixings for several things in the house but I don't really bother with them anymore. However I had the opportunity to savour a mint julep recently (which I guess is a little bit like a mojito only using bourbon instead of rum) and it was fantastic. Earlier today when I was driving back from the wedding (see below) I was listening to an old episode of Dylan's Theme Time Radio Hour. The topic was drinking and at one point in the show Bob gave us his recipe for a Mint Julep. I came home, discovered this brilliant little website and combined the two..

Unfortunately I can't embed the video into the blog but if you go here you should be able to see it..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've inspired me to go out into the garden, eat leaves and maybe bring some in for a mojito.

Every nice boy likes a girl with green in her teeth.

John Connolly said...

And now i'm inspired to make a new cocktail when i log off.

Let's see: I have Baileys, Stella, an old bottle of apple schnaps and some Blackcurrant Mi-Wadi. And ice of course. I should be able to throw something together.

Anonymous said...

I can give you a recipe for our house cocktail, Sex on the Bog?
2 parts gin, 1 part rum, 1 part West Coast Cooler, 1 part Um Bongo (1992 vintage), a slop of Tia Maria and fill up the rest of the glass with Blue Nun. Twizzle the mixture with some heather and garnish with a lump of turf.