Tuesday, September 4, 2007

File under 'lazy listening'


I was talking to Steve earlier about The Pigeon Detectives. He's not very impressed with them and I was (sort of) sticking up for them. In the exchange though, I realised that while I listen to their album, Wait For Me, all the time when I'm jogging, on reflection I couldn't actually remember any of their songs or melodies. I think they're the kind of band that sound great when you don't actually listen to them but when you give them your attention they sound a bit derivative and, well, not very good.

That's happening a lot with me lately. I put a new record on when I'm doing the dishes or driving or running and by the time it's done I can't remember any of it. It's not 'chill-out' music so much as it's 'tune-out-completely' music.

Still - for a bunch of lads that look like they haven't seen daylight for years, they've made a great album to jog to.

No comments: