Sunday, September 9, 2007

A juvenile act?

So, FM104 are bleating because someone at RTE has been interfering with their wikipedia page. Edits such as changing "FM 104 is aimed mainly at 16-35 year olds" to "FM 104 is aimed mainly at 16-17 year olds" have been traced back to RTE's unique IP address. A spokesman for FM104 has demanded that RTE hold a full investigation into the changes and branded the editing as "a juvenile act and a waste of the licence fee". Such a juvenile act that I bet they're kicking themselves for not thinking of it first.

I never listen to FM104. Apart from in taxis and hair salons when I've got no control over what's being broadcast but you'd think that a radio station aimed at 16-34 year olds would manage to have a sense of humour about something like this. It's all just a bit pathetic really. Personally I don't think whoever did it went far enough.

I renewed my tv licence (€158 thanks very much) last week and this has taken the edge off it a little bit. I'd rather RTE employees were wasting time and licence fees doing this sort of thing than churning out rubbish like Charity You're a Star. At least it shows a small bit of cheek and imagination.

Incidentally I was just having a look at the FM104 website. Their morning show, the Strawberry Alarm Clock, has its own blog. They've managed to misspell clock. Who said somethingabout a juvenile act?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.