Thursday, April 10, 2008

Bored waiting to board

I'm killing time in Dublin Airport waiting for my flight to Prague.. Going to see if i get this done before my 50c runs out! I was just in Hughes & Hughes bookstore buying a magazine and generally loitering about the place. I picked up State - Ireland's new music magazine. I don't recognise any of the bands in it which means I'm either really out of touch or State is really a niche publication. I suspect the 'out of touch' option may be the reality. Nice layout though.

Anyway an American woman was going crazy because the shop didn't have Patricia Cornwall's new book in stock. She just threw her hands up in the air and shouted 'I mean - what kind of bookstore is this?' It's an airport book store. You're only supposed to buy magazines and chocolatnes.. You have to wonder how badly someone needs to read a book. And if she really needs to read it, why couldn't she have bought it in a proper book shop. Such a rude women.

In other airport news, there's a really loud alarm going off that's been ringing (or beeping) for several minutes. DAA keep making this announcement: 'DAA wish to advise that the alarm you can hear is currently being investigated'. I hope they tell us what it is before I get on the plane.. Although I fear it's the kind of noise that I'll be hearing for some time after it stops..

Beep beep beep beep beep beep.....

Annoying, isn't it?

Right - I'm off to look at aftershaves and wristwatches..

No comments: