Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tomorrow the world!


So phase 3 of my plan for world domination is complete.. After the radio and web stuff, I'm in today's Irish Independent (page 16 - above the fold!) and on their website talking about Home Insurance. Because obviously I'm the guy you go to if you want to know anything about home insurance! I'm even on the front page. My mother will be so proud.. They've got my picture captioned as "Deal Hunter" which the guys in the office are getting great mileage out of. I expect a picture of my head superimposed on Steve Irwin's will pop up on the notice board any minute..

It's a funny thing - last week I had to talk to Charlie Weston, the journalist, who wrote the piece for about 10 minutes. And it took about a half hour for the photgrapher to do his stuff on Wednesday evening too. Which makes me wonder how on earth newspapers get published everyday. I mean it was a 10 minute conversation that barely filled 4 very small columns.. How much work does it tale to get the rest of the paper ready. And then there's the supplements.

It's not a bad picture though. From now on, all photos of me have to be taken from a height - you can get way with all sorts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought it was an article about a musical collaboration between prominent members of Mott the Hoople and The Breeders