Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Conlee Towers


I'm a big fan of the sleeveface phenomeneon. People take record covers and combine the image on the cover with a real live human person! Fantastic stuff and there's examples on the sleeveface website that are really very impressive..

Yesterday I was in a second-hand record shop in Prague with Michael and we discovered a record that we just had to use. I've never heard of John Conlee and it's a terrible cover but what a great sleeveface opportunity.. We had to rush it and it's not great but hey - for a first effort it's not bad. I'm sorry to say that I didn't buy the record though cos I had a handful of albums already under my arm and didn't fancy chucking in a novelty purchase. Not when I already had the Rocky Horror and Oklahoma soundtracks and a Gilbert O'Sullivan LP!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's this?! Rocky Horror and Oklahoma? On vinyl?

Put on the kettle, I'm getting in the car now.