Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Shoe's sorry now..

Walking to work this morning I saw an attractive girl walking in the opposite direction. She was like most city girl types you see walking to work in the morning. Dressed for business with her immaculate blazer and skirt, she was flying down Camden Street listening to her ipod, carrying her moccachoccafrappalatte and with her long hair just so.. But something was slightly amiss. It's not unusual to see city girls (and some city boys) walking to work wearing trainers with their suits. With their heels in their handbag they can glide along with pace and purpose and change when they get to the office. Some wear trainers while the more committed ones bounce along in their MBTs. The girl I saw this morning was wearing a big white NIKE trainer thing on her right foot and a big Black NIKE trainer thing on her left. It looked ridiculous. She can't have meant to do this, can she? I mean I know The Kids sometimes wear odd shoes but this was no kid.. But how would you make this mistake. The trainers couldn't have looked more different. How could you confuse them?

I dunno - maybe it's a new look for girls this season. When it comes to fashion, nothing surprises me anymore.

Although I must admit I never saw those city shorts coming along.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just to clarify, it was one big giant nike runner and one other band less giant - like, not same shoe, different colours.. different shoes, different colours..very much so. I'd say she'll have a sore back and everything this evening coz those things were different heights. Oh My God, maybe her hips were off and she uses this method to balance herself out. And you slaggin' here.. better watch yourself connolly, mocking is catchin !

John Connolly said...

What? Like correctional shoes? Well you'd know all about that, Corocran!

Anonymous said...

I love a built up shoe, me. Love 'Em. Just the one though. Has to be just the one.